July 3, 2018
Frozen bananas on a stick dipped in chocolate – an easy, fun summer treat for the kids and grown-ups too!
These are so easy to make and use only 4 ingredients. Sprinkle them with red, white and blue jimmies for the Fourth of July, or use colored sprinkles, crushed walnuts, peanuts, or whatever you like! So fun, you can even get the kids involved!
- 1 ripe banana
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp canola oil
- colored sprinkles (optional)
You will also need 4 Popsicle sticks
- Cut the banana in half lengthwise, then in half to make four quarters.
- Insert popsicle sticks into bananas and freeze on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- When the bananas are frozen, fill a coffee mug with chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring until the chocolate is melted and soft.
- Dip the bananas one at a time into the chocolate, scraping off the excess chocolate from the back of the banana, and place it on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Quickly add the sprinkles or toppings on the rounded side before the chocolate hardens (you have to work quickly here).
- Place on wax paper and return to the freezer until frozen and ready to eat.
- Eat frozen and enjoy!! Note: Adding a little oil to the chocolate helps thin the chocolate and therefore you will use less on each Popsicle. You will need enough chocolate to dip the bananas, but you will be left with extra chocolate in the end (chocolate covered strawberries anyone?)
Nutritional Information (per serving) Serves 4.
Recipe is from Skinnytaste